BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Deadly Lightning

I have a collection of wallpapers of lightning bolts. I have even seen lightnings before. But only once, have I seen the lightning strike so near.

I was in the car, heading towards the Shankarangovil station to catch the train for Chennai. It was around 6 in the evening. Dark clouds chased away the bright orange evening clouds. I knew...... It was going to rain. It started with a drop, then two, three and within a few minutes it was pouring. The car was running on a crooked road, the surrounding was eerie yet pleasant. Either side of the road were fields, spreading far till my eyes could reach. I opened the window to feel the sandy tang in the air. The breeze was cool and the sky was dark blue in colour. The car was filled with people's chatters. But not so loud.

All of a sudden, a fierce bolt struck the vast field. It nearly touched the earth. The sky was divided into two and it was no longer blue, but was violet. The lightning almost blinded my eyes and for a second I couldn't see anything. Everyone was startled and the air was dead silent. No longer, a roaring sound broke the silence. The sky was still violet and the sound of the thunder was echoing in my ears. For a few minutes, no one did nothing in the car, except for the driver who slowed down the speed and we were moving in a rather low speed.

"What was that?" My sister ended the silence. Very soon, everything was back to normal, everybody was back to their chat. Except for me. I had never seen the lightning strike so near.
There were many lightnings even after the very first terrifying one but none was as scaring as the first strike.

4 comments:

Viji said...

Nice Thriller!!

Believe me, lightning can be terrifying at any age.....

Dha said...

Thanks

Shrutzz said...

wow!!! what a way to express the experience!!! lovely

Dha said...

Thank you shruthi

...............

Jealous
Comments from pYzam.com

Twilight Fanatic
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com