BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Celebrating Freedom


Hi guys! There was a notice in Young World, a magazine by The Hindu for entries of articles on the topic 'What does freedom mean to you?'. This article is to be published on August 18Th for Independence day special. I liked the topic as it was about my Nation, India. Proud to be an Indian!! As I usually like to write, I wrote an article on the given topic also. The word limit was restricted to 100. So I found it very difficult to stick to the limit. Editing work was too tiring as my rough draft was very long, say, may be of 250 words? I think you can well imagine now that it was a really exhausting task for me to reduce it to 100 words. Now also I think it exceeds the limit by few words. I have tried my luck and have sent it to the editor. Wanted to share it with you people also. Hope you find it interesting! Please feel free to express your opinion.
True Freedom

Achievement of Independence by India is a true example of unity. Mahatma Gandhi, the Great Soul, along with many patriots devoted their life to restore independence from the British.

'Unity in Diversity' The patriots, despite of belonging to various religions and societies, had only one identity as 'Indians' which united them. Real freedom is to break away the chains of divisions and be one as a Nation.

But does independence mean merely political freedom? Communal violence, religious disparities, poverty........ All these still exist in India. Friends, let's shed all the difference among us in the name of faith, caste and language and truly unite from heart. Let India achieve her true freedom!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you

...............

Jealous
Comments from pYzam.com

Twilight Fanatic
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com