BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Coutralam Falls

On 10Th August, we planned for a short trip to Coutralam with the whole family. I had been there before too, but never had a shower. Every time I head the falls with a thought to stand below the falls and get myself drenched. But....... As soon as I near the falls, when I feel the cold water on my hand, I back off immediately.
But this time I went with great confidence and promised that I would get myself under the falls at least for a minute. I had challenged myself. Soon, we were nearing the falls. The air had a wet and cold tang. I could the hear of sound of water hitting the ground forcefully. The great shower was divided into two sections, one for men and one for women. The falls allotted for women was very narrow and the water flow was not as forceful as the men's.

I queued up to get my chance. There were many women pushing each other in the narrow path. Its all common in India... pushing and pulling..... hahaha.......

No longer, it was my chance to enjoy the water. From far, the falls looked like it didn't have much force. But when standing under it, I could feel the pressure of water. Trust me..... It was terribly cold. I could feel my bones freeze..... I knew... I couldn't stand there any longer. I pushed myself out of the crowded falls. The wind was playing on my skin, giving me goosebumps.... I was completely drenched and started shivering terribly.

Soon after, I changed to dry clothes. We all met near our car. We were all drying our hair and taking pictures. One of my uncles had bought delicious mangoes and I was devouring it greedily.

With my uncles

It was such a nice trip. More people, more merrier. Nowadays, our lives have become so hectic that we don't have enough time to interact with our family. It is rare to find occasions to enjoy happily with everyone.

4 comments:

Shrutzz said...

I love going on trips too :)))

my space said...

i too love going on trips... wid my cousins... but i rarely get chance....

Viji said...

Hey Dharini, good to knw that u had a great trip!! Was it raining??

Ya...Public behaviour is something which highly deplorable in India!!

Dha said...

hi Viji,
it wasn't raining. the trip was good, everything was good except for the public behaviour.
& thanks for the comments, everyone!

...............

Jealous
Comments from pYzam.com

Twilight Fanatic
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com